Subject: Re: Problems routing packets...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rich Neswold <rich.neswold@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/2007 00:28:10
On Dec 27, 2007 12:01 AM, James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org> wrote:
> Hmm.  What about traceroute(8)?

My traceroute fails, too:

# traceroute 125.199.254.49
traceroute to 125.199.254.49 (125.199.254.49), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets
traceroute: sendto: Network is unreachable

> Your description suggests to me that your router is dropping the packets,
> whether or not the log says so.  If your traceroute doesn't show you
> getting past your default gateway, that'd cinch it.

I'm pretty sure it's the router, as well. Is there a tool I'm missing
that would indicate what is causing it to be dropped? My firewall
rules log every blocked packet and there are no entries associated
with the Wii's accesses. 'netstat -rn' shows increasing usage for the
default gatway entry, so it looks like it's finding the correct route
entry. I just never see it leave the pppoe interface (plus an ICMP
error is sent back to the originator.)

Thanks for your help!

--
Rich