Subject: Re: auich problems. only uptputting clicks
To: Nathan Thomas <ki4hbd.nathan@gmail.com>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@orange.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/04/2007 14:50:56
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:04:45PM -0500, Nathan Thomas wrote:

> I'm pretty new to the NetBSD world so please bear with me. I put NetBSD
> RC 4 on my laptop about 3 days back so far i've been able to get
> everything to work excpect sound. At first dmesg gave me a message
> reporting "auich0: can't map codec i/o space"  I compiled a kernel and
> uncommented some of the PCIBIOS related options which got dmesg to
> output this

Use audioctl and check the various output levels.
Mine were very low and I had to configure them before
to be able to use sound on my thinkpad x31 laptop.

use audioctl -a to check various variables and try
to check the gain variable (dont set it too high or
sound won't be good).

there was some time ago a volume or output something
in the variables but it seems to be gone (thus probably
set automatically to the required value)

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ;
yes ; fsck ; umount ; sleep