Subject: auich problems. only uptputting clicks
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Nathan Thomas <ki4hbd.nathan@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/03/2007 22:04:45
--=-QWewhwlO3icL5bAOIL7N

Hello all,
I'm pretty new to the NetBSD world so please bear with me. I put NetBSD
RC 4 on my laptop about 3 days back so far i've been able to get
everything to work excpect sound. At first dmesg gave me a message
reporting "auich0: can't map codec i/o space"  I compiled a kernel and
uncommented some of the PCIBIOS related options which got dmesg to
output this=20

auich0: measured ac97 link rate at 47981 Hz, will use 48000 Hz
audio0 at auich0: full duplex, mmap, independent
auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801CA (ICH3) AC-97 Audio
auich0: interrupting at irq 11
auich0: ac97: Crystal CS4299 codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Crys=
tal

(if you want the full dmesg output please tell me it just seemed like alot =
to put in an email)

Now in KDE whenever something makes a sound the speakers just make a click =
noise. The only sound that comes out right is the sound effects in =20
Prboom for some reason (maybe sdl?). I have all me sounds unmuted in mixerc=
tl and audioct. And KDE set to output to /dev/audio0=20

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,=20
Nathan Thomas=20

--=-QWewhwlO3icL5bAOIL7N