Subject: Re: Any way to update LFS system from cd
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/2007 05:18:07
On 25 Oct 2007, at 22:19, David Lord wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2007, at 12:19, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
> > I had the impression that the install cd did support lfs, perhaps just
> > not booting from it.  But I don't really know.  What happens, exactly,
> > when you boot a 4.0-rc3 cd?
>
> No it doesn't even have the lfs tools and as there is no kernel
> support these aren't usable anyway. I'm not sure if there is a space
> problem so LFS was removed?

On about 5th attempt I've managed to get a cd booting with additional
working network, fsck_lfs, mount_lfs and newfs_lfs.

Next problem was a warning when lfs filesystem is mounted.

'lfs_cleanerd: no such file or directory'

Is lfs_cleanerd essential?

then showstopper is that sysinst still tries to use fsck_ffs.

So I'm dropping this idea for a while and will do a manual upgrade
booted from the Live-cd.

David