Subject: Re: MacBook Pro w/NetBSD???
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/27/2007 15:53:27
"Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 27/10/2007, Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com> wrote:

>  > Which leads me to another question.  Using Parallels (or Fusion)
>  > can I get the MacBook to act as a router/firewall.  Connection to
>  > the internet via modem or WiFi and providing a LAN to another system?
>  > I'm doing this at home with Native NetBSD on i386 boxes, I'm wondering
>  > about the MacBook since you (someone in this thread??) mentioned the
>  > ethernet connection was a little funky.  I haven't gotten any feed back
>  > from OS X groups about if the OS X on the MacBook can do this??
>
>  Although I have tested Parallels some times ago, I haven't done any
>  trickery like that; I have done it (and actually doing it now up to a
>  point), using VMware server running on W2K3 server - the host has two
>  adapters; the [Net|Open]BSD VM connects to the one, which goes to the
>  company DMZ; the host and the other machines connected to it's green
>  i/f get the pf BSD firewall as it's gateway/DNS server etc, more or
>  less obvious. I should imagine Parallels will let you do the same.

I guess what I'm really asking is; does anyone know if the MacBook Pro
was designed to overuse some components which would prohibit having
the modem, WiFi and Ethernet all being connected at the same time to
different networks??  In some way that would prevent the software (OS X,
NetBSD, ...) from utilizing the interfaces, more or less, at the same
time?

TIA,
Paul N.