Subject: Re: Any way to update LFS system from cd
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/25/2007 22:19:15
On 25 Oct 2007, at 12:19, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I had the impression that the install cd did support lfs, perhaps just
> not booting from it.  But I don't really know.  What happens, exactly,
> when you boot a 4.0-rc3 cd?

No it doesn't even have the lfs tools and as there is no kernel
support these aren't usable anyway. I'm not sure if there is a space
problem so LFS was removed?

> The script INSTALL-NetBSD in sysutils/etcmanage does the manual install
> of sets (with installkernel doing just kernel for cross-branch
> upgrades).  I use that frequently.

Thanks, that is main thing I wanted to know. It takes many hours to
do a system build and I didn't wan't to start if there was any show
stopper.

cheers

David