Subject: Laptop Dock and rescanning USB?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/02/2007 11:42:23
--nextPart1227683.4gMnOBLBz9

Hi,

   I'm using NetBSD/i386 (-current)  on a ThinkPad T60.   I'm using it with
a dock and the dock appears to have a USB hub in the dock.   When I
take the laptop out of the dock I see the messages:

uhub5: at uhub4 port 6 (addr 2) disconnected
uhidev0: at uhub5 port 3 (addr 3) disconnected
=2E...
uhub5 detached

When I put the laptop back in the dock, I don't see that uhub5 is reconnect=
ed.

Is there any way to force a rescan of a uhub, uhub4 in this case, so I can=
=20
get my USB devices connected to the dock working after and removal and
reconnect to the dock?   A reboot finds the uhub5 again, but I hate to have
to reboot after each time I take the laptop out of the dock.

Thanks!
=2D-Phil

=2D-=20
Phil Nelson (phil at cs.wwu.edu) http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson