Subject: How to fix perms...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Robert P. Thille <list-netbsd-help@rangat.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2007 17:52:47
I've apparently botched an install of NetBSD.  I don't exactly remember
what I did, since it's been a month or more (been busy), but the perms
seems screwed up.  It was a custom install since I wanted the root to be
on a a RAIDFrame mirror, and the kernel had to be from CURRENT to
support my ethernet...

Anyway, I've noticed issues with running programs (xemacs reports it's
out of memory?!?) as a normal user, but not as 'root', so I figure it's
a permissions problem.  I've tried rebuilding and re-installing current
using 'build.sh' and having it install to "/".  The etc-update tasks
succeeded, but still I have these permission problems...

Is there some way I can use the build output and mtree to figure out
what's wrong?  Should I re-run MAKEDEV?

Thanks,

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544