Subject: Re: Question on building gimp dep. libgnomeui
To: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/2007 06:50:38
Do you have any old work directories?

cd /usr/pkgsrc
ls -ld */*/work

if found:

rm -rf */*/work

or more safe, but longer:

cd /usr/pkgsrc
make clean

Then try again.  The problem is often that with an earlier version of
pkgsrc something was built, and not 'make clean'ed'.  The work directory
has files (e.g., work/.install_done) that indicate that the package has
been installed.

I always get rid of work directories as soon as I'm done - my normal
incantation on upgrades is 'make replace package clean'.

See pkgtools/pkg_rolling-replace.  Sounds like your installation has a
number of out of date packages, and in general a partial upgrade is
difficult.  In your case, gimp 2.2.17 seems to need newer libgnomeui for
some reason.