Subject: Re: Monitor HP 1502 and XFree
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: ClaptonOrient <steve.brownjohn@hackney.gov.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/18/2007 00:10:11
Here's what worked:

Horizontal sync set to 31.5 - 57.0 High Frequency SVGA 1024x768 @ 70 Hz
(one of the options in xf86config)

Vertical sync set at 50 - 70

This works well at the default resolution of 1024 x 768 with a colour depth
of 16.

No worrying messages in the log, and the monitor hasn't complained, so far.
I'm relatively confident with these settings as

a) the horizontal sync is within the range prescribed by the manual, and the
vertical sync doesn't exceed it

b) the monitor warns me if the signal is outside its range

But if anyone can see a fatal flaw in this solution, please let me know !