Subject: Re: RAIDframe installboot
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/2007 21:15:25
On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 02:26:56PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> I'm having difficulty making a new raidframe
> bootable.
>
> not sure how I got this way, must have installed
> wrong secondary or wrong device when building it.
>
> ...now raid0a boots up fine with ffsv1 GENERIC in
> wd0a, from that I tried
>
> installboot /dev/rraid0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1
>
> Which completed without error but when I try booting
> the raidframe disk solo, it is not able to load
> secondary.
>
> i386 ffsv1 Primary Bootstrap
> Boot failed (errno 2): can't open /boot
>
> How do I make the raidframe disk bootable?

Have you just forgotten to copy /usr/mdec/boot to /boot ?

It needs to exist in the fs at the start of the rf 'disk' - ie 64
sectors from the start of the mbr partition.
(modulo some addition checks against any netbsd disklabel in
sector 1 of the mbr partition.)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk