Subject: RE: Problems building cross tools
To: Oliver Gould <ogould@olix0r.net>
From: Gerald Lee <glee@force10networks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/2007 10:20:55
-----Original Message-----
[mailto:netbsd-help-owner@NetBSD.org] On Behalf Of Oliver Gould
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:25 AM
To: Gerald Lee
Cc: netbsd-help@NetBSD.org
Oliver Gould replyed:
>On 2007-07-10 09:30 -0500, Gerald Lee wrote:
>> 	I'm trying to build from an anonymous cvs tree using the
>> netbsd-4 label.  I am trying to build purely as a user (no root
access),
=20
>> 	./build.sh -a powerpc -m evbppc -D
>> /work/sw/glee/NetBSD_4/cross-dest -O /work/sw/glee/NetBSD_4/cross-obj
-T
>> /work/sw/glee/NetBSD_4/cross-tools -V BLDX11=3Dno tools

> I have no idea if this would affect the behavior you describe, but you
> at least need to pass the -U flag to build.sh if you are building as a
> mortal.

This happens with -U as well.  The only thing I can think of is that
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is over-ridden at some point.  I did a search of the
script (which is the tip of the iceberg I know), and didn't see any
reference to the environment variable.  I haven't seen any difference
using -U at all -- doesn't mean I wouldn't, that may come after the
cross tools are built.

This is a background task for me, so it may be a while before I get back
to it.

>  - Oliver

Thanks once more
- bob