Subject: Re: wrong postfix binary
To: Arne Kaiser <kaiser@hauptsache.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/10/2007 15:00:29
--=-=-=

Arne Kaiser <kaiser@hauptsache.net> writes:

>> Martti Kuparinen wrote:
>>=20
>>> # cat /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix
>>>=20
>>> required_files=3D'/usr/pkg/etc/postfix/main.cf'
>>> start_cmd=3D'/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix start'
>>> stop_cmd=3D'/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix stop'
>>> reload_cmd=3D'/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix reload'

Make sure you have

postfix_command=3D"/usr/pkg/sbin/${name}"

Read /etc/rc.d/postfix to understand how it uses the variables.

>> # cat /etc/mailer.conf
>>=20
>> sendmail        /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail
>> send-mail       /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail
>> mailq           /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail
>> newaliases      /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail

> strange, the /etc/mailer.conf and the /etc/rc.conf/postfix are exactly li=
ke
> yours, but postfix is still starting from the wrong startscript with the
> wrong binary and the wrong config. Is it possible that the new defaults w=
ork
> only after a reboot (I tried only postfix reload so far)?

Yes, the rc.conf stuff only happens at boot.  /etc/rc.d/postfix restart
(not reload, and using the rc.d script) probably will start the new
postfix, but you perhaps should "/usr/sbin/postfix stop".  (In general
you should be rebooting to verify that it comes up right on boot
anyway.)

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--