Subject: Problems building cross tools
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Gerald Lee <glee@force10networks.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/10/2007 09:30:17
	I'm trying to build from an anonymous cvs tree using the
netbsd-4 label.  I am trying to build purely as a user (no root access),
and have eliminated some directories (for example, x11, sparc, and so
on).  I get into the gcc build of the cross tools where it complains
trying to invoke xgcc to dump the spec file to a tmp file.  At that
point it complains about not being able to load libiconv.  The library
is there (rather it is in /usr/local/lib rather than /usr/lib), and I
can directly invoke xgcc to dump the specs.  LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
appropriately set (or at least in my shell it is).  I have allocated
directories as peers to src for objects, cross tools, and destination.

	./build.sh -a powerpc -m evbppc -D
/work/sw/glee/NetBSD_4/cross-dest -O /work/sw/glee/NetBSD_4/cross-obj -T
/work/sw/glee/NetBSD_4/cross-tools -V BLDX11=3Dno tools

Build host is Linux chromium 2.4.21-37.ELf10 #4 SMP Thu Mar 16 18:47:25
PST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.

	This seems to be pilot error, or some such goof on my part.  Any
help (even wrong list -- go here) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
- bob=20