Subject: Re: wrong postfix binary
To: None <kaiser@hauptsache.net>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/09/2007 12:40:22
Arne Kaiser <kaiser@hauptsache.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
> i have the following problem running postfix build from pkgsource on 3.0.1.:
> after every reboot and if i type just postfix relod the wrong postfix binary
> (from /usr/libexec/postfix instead of /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix)  with the
> wrong config starts. So I have to restart with the complete path to the
> startscript which is located in /etc/rc.d than everythings works. I hope
> that someone can give me a hint how I can start the right postfix by
> default.

 On my 3.1 systems, /usr/lib/postfix and /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix are
directories.

 I think the programs you are referring to are /usr/sbin/postfix and
 /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix, respectively.

To make sure i get the correct "postfix" executable, the default path for
root on my systems has /usr/pkg/sbin before /usr/sbin.

 root's shell config files in /root by default.  Depending on the shell
you use for root, it'll be .profile or .cshrc, or maybe something else.
See the man page for root's shell.  (E.g. "man sh" or "man csh".)  You can
determine root shell by doing "finger root".

You may also want to create /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix with the following
contents:

required_files='/usr/pkg/etc/postfix/main.cf'
start_cmd='/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix start'
stop_cmd='/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix stop'
reload_cmd='/usr/pkg/sbin/postfix reload'

 It sounds like /etc/rc.d/postfix is working correctly, so you
probably already have that in place.

 -johan