Subject: Re: An old unix Issue the Delete key how do you fix it
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/05/2007 11:31:05
> I come from a Windows background where you pressed
> "backspace" to always carry out the function
> "delete-left", and you pressed the "delete" to carry
> out the function "delete-right". I have been using
> Linux for the last 2 1/2 years. In every Linux distro
> I have installed and used, the keyboard behaviors have
> been exactly the same as my Window's experiences.

AH HA!

Thank you for explaining where this "delete-right"
brain damage comes from.

Now... how do we fix programs suffering from this
"delete-right" brain damage so that the "Delete" key
does the correct "delete-left" function?  I'm thinking
mainly of web browsers like links -g and mozilla.

(On an X terminal talking via Ethernet, presumably no
wscons involved.)

I do not want a delete-right.
Micros**t can fly a kite.
I do not need a penguin pram.