Subject: Re: An old unix Issue the Delete key how do you fix it
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/03/2007 20:13:25
--=-=-=

Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:56:07AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> "Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@stderr.spb.ru> writes:
>>=20
>> Default seems to be <- is BS and Delete DEL.
>
> For me it is both DEL. Aren't you using USB keyboard?

You are quite right.  On my box at work I have an IBM Thinkpad-style
keyboard which is USB, and that's been sufficiently hassle-free that I
forgot it was USB.  On my actual Thinkpad, both Backspace and Delete map
to DEL.  This actually feels wrong; it seems that Delete should map to
^[[3~ similarly to Insert.

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--