Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/26/2007 18:41:06
I've been having difficulty doing a netbsd-4 upgrade
from amd64 smp 3.1 cdrom install. (not so worried about
upgrade as just getting netbsd-4 on this hardware)

do I need to boot a 4 kernel before I install a 4
userland? do I need to use an alt root, such as a
live cd to do the install?

I've tried a few ways, and I keep getting "bad
system call" or some such as kernel/userland don't
seem compatible between 3 and 4.

Is there any doc on how to upgrade to 4? What am I
doing wrong?

BTW not to beat a dead horse but does anyone think
I'm close when I guess 4.0 release will be 3 to 6
months?

// George