Subject: Re: pcmcia0: card appears to have bogus cis for PCI1420 PC Card Controller
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/2007 23:53:38
On 23 Apr 2007, at 17:27, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:

> --- Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:
> > OK, so PCI interrupt configuration is in fact the problem (or at least
> > one of the problems; we can't be sure there aren't more).  Are you using
> > GENERIC_LAPTOP, or GENERIC?
>
> Of _course_ I am using GENERIC, because this is what i386cd-3.1.iso is
> providing me with! Should I have had a choice of a kernel during the
> installation...

Yes if you can find it.

You should also be able to locate alternative kernels on the install
cd, eg: /i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC_LAPTOP.gz that you can
copy to / and gunzip. It's safest to keep existing kernel in place
and interupt bootup and specify a new kernel there until you're sure
it will boot ok.

David