Subject: Re: modular xorg and startx
To: Tobias Nygren <tnn@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Limbach <LimbachB@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/2007 18:47:46
Tobias Nygren wrote:
> Some ideas:
>
> Did you prune all your old xorg packages?

No remaining package catched my eyewhen checking with pkg_info.

> Try to delete ~/.Xauthority

Did that.

BTW, there also had been two more files called

~/.Xauthority-c and
~/.Xauthority-l.

Deleted them too.

> To aid debugging, try startx -- -noreset.

Did that, but still have to figure out what that actually
does...

> Check ~/.xsession-errors for clues.

NT - in my $HOME.

Is there any other place I can have a look?

There was (and now is) a file called .serverauth.?????, that
one I deleted too.

Result is that I now get the xterms (and xclock) every time
I type "startx", but I still lack any frames/borders of a
windowmanager like twm, fluxbox or blackbox.

I checked the $PATH and this seems to be ok (I found a
little bug on my side there) and also using
"/usr/pkg/bin/mentioned_windowmanager" no wm came up.

Trying using "startfluxbox" tells me:

"Error: Couldn't connect to the XServer"

Hmmm...

At least some progress.

Thanks for now, Bernd