Subject: ftp upload synchronization tool
To: NetBSD, Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/09/2007 08:38:55
Hello all. I may need to copy pkgsrc on this, but I figure I will start here.

I need a tool which will synchronize a local directory on a NetBSD
machine to a directory on an ftp server, and I only have regular ftp
access on the remote machine.

I would prefer:

o That it only uploads new or changed files
o That it can do it non-interactively
o That it exists in pkgsrc
o That it can recreate the directory structure from the local NetBSD
machine to the ftp server

I haven't found anything that would work easily. The built in ftp
client can't create directories, or I would use it (using an input
file in a loop).

I found something called wput, but it's not building on my
NetBSD/cobalt 3.1 machine, and it's not in pkgsrc so I'd rather not
use it. I suppose if I could get it working, adding it to pkgsrc might
be a good idea, but I'd rather start with something that already
works.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy