Subject: Re: PDC sata timeouts.
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/25/2007 12:08:18
On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 08:27:33AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> That looks like you are hitting the 128 GB LBA48 point.
>
> > dc
> 10k
> 268435455
> 1024/p
> 262143.9990234375
> 1024/p
> 255.9999990463
>
> 256
> 1024*
> 1024*p
> 268435456
>
> note that it's the last sector.   Someplace (wd.c?) there's a quirk
> table to force LBA48 for that sector.  -current now defaults to this,
> I think.   Add a quirk for your drive and try a new kernel.

I don't think it's the issue: the error is on sector 26698111, which is
0x197617f. It's far from the 128GB limit, so it's not the LBA48 bug.

As both drive works fine if hey're used alone, I'd suspect power supply issue:
the PSU may not be strong enough to drive both disk when active
at the same time.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>