Subject: Re: HELP with X display
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/20/2007 08:14:55

>  On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Paul Newhouse wrote:
>
>  > After running as expected for weeks I suddenly get this error:
>  >
>  >    pimin[newhouse]: xterm
>  >    Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>  >    Xlib: No protocol specified
>  >
>  >    xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :0.0
>  >    pimin[newhouse]: echo $DISPLAY
>  >    :0.0
>  >    pimin[newhouse]: xhost +
>  >    Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>  >    Xlib: No protocol specified
>  >
>  >    xhost:  unable to open display ":0.0"
>

>  Did you change your hostname recently?

Nope.  Ip addr, hostname and domainname haven't changed in years.
I've seen this 4 or 5 times since I upgraded from 1.5 to 3.0.1.

Hmmm, and I didn't start to see this until after I started running Pan.
Wonder if that's a problem under twm?

Next time this happens I will double check all that and

  netstat -tan | egrep -i 6000

as suggested by BAS.

Thanks,
Paul