Subject: Re: Problem with second 3Ware Escalade
To: Arne Kaiser <kaiser@hauptsache.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/2007 01:53:18
--rmZDAlAp7pllCg/D

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:47:10PM +0100, Arne Kaiser wrote:
> Hi there,
> I just installed a second 3ware escalade 8006 controller in a Netbsd 2.0.2
> system (AMD 64). The first on runs fine since several month with two
> mirrored 250 GB harddisks, the second (with two 50 GB HDs) seems to be fi=
ne,
> but when I start newfs /dev/ld1e the formatting process is extremely slow
> and all services stop working (ssh httpd smbd). due to the fact that the
> system is a production server I had to cancel newfs but I need the new
> Volume urgently.
> Another strange thing: I use twedm to monitor the raid status.
>=20
> twedm /dev/twe0
>=20
> works fine, while
>=20
> twedm /dev/twe1 fails, any ideas on that?

twedm is a 32-bits binary, right?

And you have /emul/netbsd32/dev populated, right?

Well, that's a way of losing, unfortunately.  If I'm right in my
diagnosis, make sure the minor number under /emul/netbsd32/dev for ld1d
matches the one in the native /dev.

Yes, this is a very unfortunate situation, but it's far from easy to
move away from it.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--rmZDAlAp7pllCg/D

--rmZDAlAp7pllCg/D--