Subject: Re: mplayerplug-in
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2007 18:18:36
sujit sinha wrote:
> Thanks James for your reply. Could you please be more specific. I am
> used to  Ubuntu not Netbsd, so to install a package mplayerplug-in what
> is the  command I give?

That was actually Jeremy's reply, not mine, but I'll answer anyway.

You want to start at www.pkgsrc.org.  Basically you download a tarball
"skeleton" tree that lets the pkgsrc system build any package from
scratch.  Before you build anything, though, you want to tell pkgsrc where
to install the binaries it builds.  The default is /usr/pkg, but if you
can't create that directory, you'll obviously have to offer another one.
Cf. "man packages" for LOCALBASE and X11BASE.

Then cd to the mplayer directory and type "make".  pkgsrc will fetch
whatever it needs, including other packages it depends on, and build
everything.  (That's the theory, anyway.  This list exists because it
doesn't *always* work out.) ;-)  Then "make install" and you're home free.

HTH.

--jkl