Subject: Re: Wrong "fake" disklabel for USB-dev with MSDOS partition on NBSD4
To: Lasse Hiller?e Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/2007 07:45:35
On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 12:41:19AM +0100, Lasse Hiller?e Petersen wrote:
> David Laight wrote:
>
> >> How can I get the NetBSD 3 behaviour back?
> >
> >You can't it was completely wrong!
>
> Well, from my POV, it used to work and now it doesn't, so I am
> inclined to think of the old behaviour as right, and not easily
> persuaded to think otherwise. :-)

I suspect that it has everything to do with the line:

> sd1: mbr partition exceeds disk size

and the equivalent one from fdisk.  Which probably means that the 'disk'
is lying about its size somewhere.  You didn't give any of the info from
the driver or fdisk about the volume size.  The output from the following
will (probably) be useful as well.

$ hexdump -C -s432 -n80 /dev/sd0d
$ hexdump -C -s35b -n112 /dev/sd0d

	David