Subject: wine/pthread broken in netbsd 4 beta
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Truss <simon@bigblue.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/13/2007 17:23:00
Hi,

I've been trying to get a couple of programs to work under wine but all
I get is the following errors (even winecfg):

wine: Error detected by libpthread: Unlocking unlocked mutex.
Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c", line 363,
function "
pthread_mutex_unlock".
See pthread(3) for information.

{15} kill %1
assertion "thread->pt_blockgen == thread->pt_unblockgen" failed:
  file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_lock.c", line 195, function
"pthread_spin
lock"
assertion "thread->pt_blockgen == thread->pt_unblockgen" failed: file
"/usr/src/
lib/libpthread/pthread_lock.c", line 195, function "pthread_spinlock"

The applications spins 100% busy on one cpu until killed.

I've tried wine from pkgsrc 2006Q3 and 2006Q4, and several netbsd-4
kernels (10th Dec, 3rd Jan and cvs from the 11th) all the same.
All were GENERIC.MPACPI. Have I broken my system during an update or is
there a real fault somewhere. If I file a PR what should I point my
finger at.

secondly, does Xen3Dom0 support USER_LDT config option? there appears to
be code to support it but I got a hard lockup when I tried wine
(standard config + USER_LDT). Once the above is fixed should I expect
Xen3 to work with user ldt?

Simon