Subject: Re: Anyone use the Pioneer DVF-111D DVD Drive Burner?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Tooley <netbsdMLpostNO@spam.quake.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/08/2007 13:21:22
On Sunday 07 January 2007 17:21, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
> Am considering purchase of a Pioneer DVR-111D 16X DVD
> drive burner. Has any other NetBSD-ite experience of
> this drive?
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Gan Starling

Yes. I love the drive. It's unfortunate that we can't use the Dangerous
Brothers' firmwares without booting into Windows to update the drives,
but before and after TDB firmware update I have been successfully using
Pioneer DVR-111D for a *tonne* of work. It builds DVDs via growisofs,
burns, reads, plays, and is generally a joy to work with.

Nothing but good things to say about it from this end.

-Marc