Subject: Re: sysinst, serial console on soekris
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/01/2007 17:28:51
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 06:54:17PM -0500, James K. Lowden wrote:
> Mark E. Perkins wrote:
> > Is sysinst going to DTRT on it's own or ask
> > me if I'm using a serial console?  Or do I need to drop into a shell and
> > run installboot after the installation is done (and before I reboot)?
>
> In theory, yes, sysinst will DTRT.

In practise as well....
You can set the baud rate (speed) to 0 with installboot, in which case the
boot code will determine the current rate (by reading the divisor registers)
Which is actually quite handy when pxebooting a kernel.
(use 'installboot -e' to modify the pxeboot iage)

> In practice, I twice told sysinst not to replace my bootblocks, and it
> twice did (and said as much), forcing me to run installboot afterwards.

One day I'll get round to fixing that code...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk