Subject: Re: Cleaning up after installing packages
To: Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net>
From: J. Clifford Dyer <jcd@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/2006 10:27:35
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 10:38:08AM -0500, Trey Sizemore wrote regarding Cleaning up after installing packages:

> I've got a 9GB /root with a little over 6GB used. I've not installed
> *that* much at this point other than the gnome and kde meta-packages.
> However, I ran 'make' only in these directories (no 'make-install'
> needed???) but never a cleaning option.

If you've installed a bunch of packages and don't want to hunt down each one
individually, try "cd /usr/pkgsrc;make clean".  IIRC, this will honor your
/etc/mk.conf preferences for xxx_SPECIFIC_PACKAGES, so if you've been
tinkering with those, you might still have some stale work directories when
you're done.

As others have mentioned, there's also a make distclean, which will remove
.tgz files from your distfiles directory.  Not sure if it does other stuff.

Cheers,
Cliff