Subject: Re: 'foreach' command
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/12/2006 00:24:35
TM <ssl@vfemail.net> typed:
:   The following is an excerpt form the NetBSD guide -
:     "Chapter 27 Obtaining the sources"
:     You now must extract them all to /:
:     % foreach file (*.tgz)
:     ? tar -xzf $file -C /
:     ? end
:   What must I install from ports to have 'foreach' program in my $PATH?
:   I installed 'tcl' but still no good. My OS is NetBSD-3.1.

Your shell with either use csh or Bourne shell language (or bits of both).
The above is for csh type shells.  In Bourne shell style it is:

	for file in *.tgz; do tar -xzf $file -C /; done

Or you could just type "csh", then use the guide command.  The guide
probably presumes csh because traditionally csh was the default and
the installation did not give you a choice.

Regards,
Geoff