Subject: Re: Correct way to block web bots and other unwanted traffic?
To: NetBSD, Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/05/2006 10:17:49
In the past, I've seen references to setting the robots.txt file to
disallow access to a non-existent path.  Then running a process to monitor
the access_log for folks who to try to view the path and temporarily
dropping a 'block' rule into the firewall for the offending IP address.

---
  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ http://fox.phoenix.az.us/
    \@/    "Of course it runs NetBSD."