Subject: parallel printer is very slow (and mouse hangs)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/30/2006 11:07:02
Printing via parallel on my laptop is very slow. Maybe taking over 5
minutes before it will even print.

It prints fast once it starts. (About one or two seconds to print a page.)

Normally my Brother HL5150D can print about 20 pages per minute. But that
was when it was plugged into another computer (also running NetBSD).

I use lpa3 and lpt3 but no noticable change.

My hardware:

acpi0 at mainbus0: Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20060217
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <AMIINT,VIA_P6  ,00000010>, AslId <MSFT,00000097>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present

lpt3 at acpi0 (PNP0401)
lpt3: io 0x378-0x37f,0x778-0x77b irq 7 drq 3

Also when printing, my mouse hangs temporarily. That is probably related.

This is NetBSD/i386 3.99.24.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. If you need more details, please let me know.