Subject: Can't mount my k610i phone on USB with -current build of 20061124!
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lasse_Hiller=F8e_Petersen?= <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/2006 18:37:20
Help!

I have recently bought a SonyEricsson k610i phone. When I had NetBSD 3.0
on my laptop I could mount the phone as /dev/sd0(something), without any
problems. Now I have installed NetBSD-current, and the disklabel that is
shown for the sd0 device appears to be wrong.

able:~/xx $ sudo disklabel sd0
# /dev/rsd0d:
type: SCSI
disk: mydisk
label: fictitious
flags: removable
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 32
tracks/cylinder: 64
sectors/cylinder: 2048
cylinders: 59
total sectors: 121821
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # microseconds
drivedata: 0

4 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
 a:    121821         0     4.2BSD      0     0     0  # (Cyl.      0
-     59*)
 d:    121821         0     unused      0     0        # (Cyl.      0
-     59*)
disklabel: boot block size 0
disklabel: super block size 0

If I'm not mistaken, there ought to be an MSDOS partition there
somewhere. Of course the BSD-partition is completely incorrect.

I cannot force mount it as MSDOS:
able:~/xx $ sudo mount -t msdos /dev/sd0d /mnt
mount_msdos: /dev/sd0d on /mnt: Invalid argument

Luckily I had a USB-disk upon which I could install NetBSD 3.1 -- using
that, disklabel showed sd1e as an MSDOS partition, which mounted just fine.

Is there just something misconfigured in the -current build I am using
(4.99.4 from 20061124) or should I file a PR on this?

-Lasse