Subject: Re: Failed pkg_add of kde = >700MB!?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: John Murphy <netbsd001@freeode.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/2006 22:32:37
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:

>> nas-1.8nb1.tgz                673547  x 84    56577948
>
>This is terrible. (And it has happened to me before also.) pkg_add should
>keep track that it already retrieved this one time. An easy way would be
>to put all the extracted packages under one tmp directory using the
>package name as the sub-directory name. Then check that. And don't delete
>the temp directories until pkg_add is finished.

Sounds good. A package .tgz certainly shouldn't be deleted before it has
been added. Keeping them all until pkg_add is finished could be a problem
if /tmp (or /var/tmp if that's where they go) is too small. But as the
default is to have everything in one partition it would be much better
than the current way.

>> I'd better send a problem report.
>> Should it go to 'pkg' or 'port-i386' do you think?
>
>"pkg"
>
>Yes, please submit this.

Done pkg/35089

--