Subject: Re: Re: RTL8169 configuring problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/2006 11:33:49
Martijn wrote:

>* Huub:
>><snip> 8169 <snip> at pci0 dev 13 function 0 not configured.
>
>Don't <snip> away vital bits please :(

(Indeed.)

For what it's worth, I would think I have the same problem as Huub. I posted
about it a few months back, then ran into other problems and gave up, used a
PCI card instead.

A difference is that I have an 8168B (8111) NIC, which is supported by the
same driver I believe, but only since so long. Therefore I installed a build
of NetBSD 4 BETA:
NetBSD 4.0_BETA (GENERIC.MP) #0: Sat Sep  2 16:05:03 UTC 2006
        builds@b0.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-4/i386/200609020000Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-4/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENER
IC.MP

The line I get in dmesg is:
Realtek Semiconductor 8168 10/100/1000 Ethernet (ethernet network, revision 0x01) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured

I am quite sure the driver should be enabled in GENERIC.MP of the build I'm
using.

-Lasse