Subject: Re: RTL8169 configuring problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/19/2006 19:44:31
* Huub:
> Hi,
>
> I found out that my onboard nic (RTL8169) is supported in NBSD 3.0 by
> the "re" driver. So I removed the RTL8139 nic I used so far. However,
> dmesg tells me the RTL8169 interface is not configured. I touched
> /etc/ifconfig.re0, but it doesn't work. How can I get it working?

What kernel are you using? The re driver is enabled in the GENERIC
kernel of both i386 as well as amd64, but if you're using a custom kernel,
please make sure that

re*	at pci?	dev ? function ?

isn't commented out.

Alternatively, you could post the appropriate excerpt from dmesg.

FYI: the re-driver isn't new; it was present in 2.0 too.
--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org