Subject: Re: NetBSD capaibable Laptop again
To: Jan Erik Freytag <freytag@klaus-zeh.de>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/2006 11:49:47
--nextPart3816015.ShytbtLQKY

On Thursday 16 November 2006 06:34, Jan Erik Freytag wrote:
> -serial or parallel port (both if possible but parallel is a must)
> -USB
> -WLAN
> -LAN
> -touchpad
> -sound with internal speakers
> -switching to external monitor
> -12,1" to 15" display (the smaller the better)
> -DVD-Burner
> -working graphics (ok, vesa if nothing else available, but what about Int=
el,
> Via
> or SiS?)

I'm using one that is *almost* what you want.  It doesn't have serial or pa=
rallel, but
it does have WLAN, LAN touchpad, sound, external display, 4 USB ports, DVD =
=2E..

It does require xorg for X to work.  I've watched DVDs using vlc, burned DV=
D, ....

It is a gateway M460.  It does have ACPI problems and the in-keyboard mouse=
 button doesn't
work for me.  I'm running 4.99.3 on it at the moment.  As usual, there are =
a few irritations
but much less than having to use a different OS :)

=2D-Phil

=2D-=20
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu