Subject: NetBSD capaibable Laptop again
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Erik Freytag <freytag@klaus-zeh.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/2006 15:34:15
Hi!

I know that we are already discussing the subject
on this list, but I want to ask a more specific
question regarding laptops for NetBSD.

Is there any notebook (dualcore if possible) available
new in the stores that has the following devices working with NetBSD:
-serial or parallel port (both if possible but parallel is a must)
-USB
-WLAN
-LAN
-touchpad
-sound with internal speakers
-switching to external monitor
-12,1" to 15" display (the smaller the better)
-DVD-Burner
-working graphics (ok, vesa if nothing else available, but what about Intel,
Via
or SiS?)

Problems with ACPI and APM are not critical.

Any ideas which company is producing my dream-machine?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff