Subject: Re: BSD laptop
To: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@gmail.com>
From: Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/2006 14:36:44
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:10:31 +0000
"Jeff Rollin" <jeff.rollin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi BSD people
>
> First of all, apologies for cross-posting but I'm looking to buy a new
> laptop and simultaneously learning to run a flavour of BSD on it. I've some
> experience with Linux, so I'm not a total n00b, but I haven't really done
> much "in-depth" with any BSD.
>
> I would like to know what laptop vendors/models people recommend for
> installing BSD on, and what gaps (if any) exist in hardware support. To get
> things started I should mention that I was looking at buying one of either
> IBM/Lenovo, Fujitsu, or the British makes Mesh or Acorn - but I'm not
> opposed to other suggestions. The system should have, at minimum:

Hi Jeff,
you may want to search the mobile@ archives, as there are *plenty* of postings
about this specific question, and other postings that should give  some useful
information...

FWIW, i'm running a Thinkpad z60m with no probs at all...not 64 bit though.
suspend works really well...search the archives for complete details...

good luck,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

What you are afraid to do is a clear indicator of the next thing you need to do.

Warned.