Subject: Re: soekris box still keeps terrible time
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/14/2006 20:44:02
Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >> The soekris's timer is running at a different clock than usual. Make
> >> sure you have
> >> # AMD Elan SC520's timer runs at a different frequency
> >> options         TIMER_FREQ=1189200
> >
> >but I don't see such an option in 3.1.
>
> That option is still available, and still fixes the problem.  Just
> add that line into your kernel config and rebuild your kernel.  I
> believe that this option is not properly dependency-tracked, so you
> should do a "make clean" before rebuilding the kernel.

Thank you, Ken.  This did in fact fix the problem.  My Soekris box is
named "cherry" and :

jklowden@oak$ ssh cherry date; date
Tue Nov 14 20:38:39 EST 2006
Tue Nov 14 20:38:15 EST 2006

Both machines use the same ntp server, which is also very close,
network-wise, being the default gateway provided by my ISP.  So they
shouldn't be 24 seconds apart, so the fix isn't perfect.  But it's sure a
far sight better than it used to be.

Kind regards,

--jkl