Subject: Re: soekris box still keeps terrible time
To: Gilbert Fernandes <gilb@nerim.net>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/13/2006 11:04:27
>i have the same problem with my soekris. it does not seem to have
>a very precise crystal but i'm not sure about it. i was a bit
>surprised of the low quality. i get the same message about the broken
>tsc.

Hm, I missed the detail where they were talking about the 4801, which
uses a different processor than the 4501.  The issue with the 4501 processor
(the SC520) is that the timer that is used by the clock runs at a different
frequency than normal, so you need to adjust it.  But ... the behavior you're
getting is the same that I saw before I adjusted the kernel with TIMER_FREQ,
so maybe I'm reading the datasheet wrong and the 4801 _does_ have the
same issue; but anyway, it's worth a shot trying it out, I think.

--Ken