Subject: Re: How to mount an usb flash drive?
To: Xihong Yin <xyin@bluebottle.com>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/09/2006 07:21:57
--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:37:20PM -0500, Xihong Yin wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Can anybody point me how to use my usb flash drive on NetBSD 3.0.1?
> The dmesg output is:
>=20
> umass0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: vendor 0x0457 USB Mass Storage Device, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 3
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
> scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Flash, Drive UT_USB20, 0.00> disk removable not
> configured
>=20
> Does it matter if it says 'not configured'?

Yes, that is a problem, are you running the GENERIC kernel?
Or, did you neglect to include support for sd(4) in a custom
kernel?

FWIW, I've never had any (significant [1]) trouble with USB flash drives
or umass(4)es in general.

	Jonathan Kollasch

[1] A Philips Rush will cause havoc, but it has a SD card slot
and a stand alone reader works fine, but I still have to use Linux
or Windows to access the on-board storage.

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya--