Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on a laptop with 7MB of RAM
To: Tosio Onodera <onodera@mail.ru>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilb@nerim.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/09/2006 02:04:56
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 02:21:40AM +0300, Tosio Onodera wrote:

> GF> did you try boot1.fs and boot2.fs ?
>
> I did right now, and the outcome is the same as with
> bootlap1+bootlap2, just the hex number displayed before rebooting is
> different.

I did ask because my own laptop (Thinkpad X30 from IBM) does not
boot from laptop floppies but boots fine from boot1.fs and boot2.fs

Are you sure the floppies are ok ?

The numbers and the symbols are the kernel code loading
and if there's any error (corruption from bad floppies) this
part can get stuck.

Can you try with two new floppies if possible and boot1.fs,
boot2.fs ?

Otherwise, perhaps we can netboot your laptop for installation.
You need an Ethernet on the laptop, and it must have PXE support
to be net booted.

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ;
yes ; fsck ; umount ; sleep