Subject: Installing NetBSD on a laptop with 7MB of RAM
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tosio Onodera <onodera@mail.ru>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/09/2006 01:04:43
Hello.
I've recently managed to obtain an old notebook, Samsung Sens Pro 500
and decided to install NetBSD onto it. But there's a problem:
- it doesn't have a network adapter (I'm using a 3COM Megahertz 574B
  PCMCIA card).
- it has only 639+7168K or RAM.
So when I try and boot from bootlap1+bootlap2, it just reboots after
showing 0x75a7c8.
I can boot from boot-tiny just fine, but then I don't have any PCMCIA
support and so have no network drive to install from.
I don't have NetBSD installed anywhere else, so I can't make my own
boot floppy.

Is there any way to install NetBSD onto my laptop?

Looking forward to any reply,
Alexei Marine