Subject: Re: a question about apcupsd
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Thierry Lacoste <lacoste@univ-paris12.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2006 22:53:29
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 03:53:14PM +0100, Thierry Lacoste wrote:
>> I think I found the culprit.
>>
>> sheliak# apcaccess status
>> <snip>
>> DSHUTD   : 020 Seconds
>> <snip>
>>
>> 20 seconds is probably not enough for my old Sparc.
>>
>> Looking at the eeprom I have
>> sheliak# apcaccess eeprom
>>
>> Valid EPROM values for the SMART-UPS 700 RM
>>
>>                          Config        Current  Permitted
>> Description              Directive     Value    Values
>> Upper transfer voltage   HITRANSFER    253      253 264 271 280
>> Lower transfer voltage   LOTRANSFER    196      196 188 208 204
>> Return threshold         RETURNCHARGE  0        00 15 50 90
>> Output voltage on batts  OUTPUTVOLTS   230      230 240 220 225
>> Sensitivity              SENSITIVITY   H        H M L L
>> Low battery warning      LOWBATT       2        02 05 07 10
>> Shutdown grace delay     SLEEP         20       020 180 300 600
>> Alarm delay              BEEPSTATE     0        0 T L N
>> Wakeup delay             WAKEUP        0        000 060 180 300
>> Self test interval       SELFTEST      OFF      336 168 ON  OFF
>>
>> I tried to change the sleep value with
>> sheliak# apcupsd --configure SLEEP 180
>> Attempting to configure UPS ...
>>
>> Reading updated UPS configuration ...
>>
>> <snip>
>> DSHUTD   : 020 Seconds
>> <snip>
>>
>> Does it come from apcupsd or is it my UPS which doesn't allow eeprom
>> changes?
>>
>> Does someone have a workaround?
>
> I think you want to change this with apctest (which can change all eeprom
> settings). From what I remember it's how I did it.

Yes I also tried that but I have no option for changing settings.

sheliak# apctest -c

2006-11-08 22:47:05 apctest 3.8.6 (5 February 2003) netbsd
Checking configuration ...
sharenet.type = DISABLE
cable.type = CUSTOM_SMART

You are using a SMART cable type, so I'm entering SMART test mode
mode.type = SMART
Setting up serial port ...
Creating serial port lock file ...
Hello, this is the apcupsd Cable Test program.
This part of apctest is for testing Smart UPSes.
Please select the function you want to perform.

1) Query the UPS for all known values
2) Perform a Battery Runtime Calibration
3) Abort Battery Calibration
4) Monitor Battery Calibration progress
5) Quit