Subject: Re: a question about apcupsd
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thierry Lacoste <lacoste@univ-paris12.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2006 15:53:14
I think I found the culprit.

sheliak# apcaccess status
<snip>
DSHUTD   : 020 Seconds
<snip>

20 seconds is probably not enough for my old Sparc.

Looking at the eeprom I have
sheliak# apcaccess eeprom

Valid EPROM values for the SMART-UPS 700 RM

                         Config        Current  Permitted
Description              Directive     Value    Values
Upper transfer voltage   HITRANSFER    253      253 264 271 280
Lower transfer voltage   LOTRANSFER    196      196 188 208 204
Return threshold         RETURNCHARGE  0        00 15 50 90
Output voltage on batts  OUTPUTVOLTS   230      230 240 220 225
Sensitivity              SENSITIVITY   H        H M L L
Low battery warning      LOWBATT       2        02 05 07 10
Shutdown grace delay     SLEEP         20       020 180 300 600
Alarm delay              BEEPSTATE     0        0 T L N
Wakeup delay             WAKEUP        0        000 060 180 300
Self test interval       SELFTEST      OFF      336 168 ON  OFF

I tried to change the sleep value with
sheliak# apcupsd --configure SLEEP 180
Attempting to configure UPS ...

Reading updated UPS configuration ...

<snip>
DSHUTD   : 020 Seconds
<snip>

Does it come from apcupsd or is it my UPS which doesn't allow eeprom changes?

Does someone have a workaround?

Regards,
Thierry.