Subject: viaide0:0:1 lost interrupt
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Moore <ajm@axdf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/2006 17:10:34
--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

I'm running an AMD64 X2 3800 on a VIA A8V-MX. There are 3 hard drives, one
used for root and booting, and two identical seagate drives in a
raidctl RAID1 configuration. Everything runs fine, except
occasionally the system will become unresponsive, and the system console
displays messages similar to the following:

viaide0:0:1: lost interrupt
type: ata tc_bcount: 2048 tc_skip: 0
viaide0:0:1: bus-master DMA error: missing interrupt, status=3D0x61
viaide0:0:1: device timeout, c_bcount=3D2048, c_skip0
wd1a: device timeout reading fsbn 132190140 of 132190140-132190143 (wd1 bn =
132190140; cn 131141 tn 0 sn 12), retrying
viaide0 channel 0: reset failed for drive 0 drive 1
viaide0:0:0: wait timed out

(full log is here: http://axdf.net/~anmoore/lost_interrupt.txt )

The only way to unwedge the system is a hard reboot. After running
fsck in single user mode, everything is fine again, until the
problem recurrs.

There doesn't seem to be any data loss on any of the disks; nor is
there any degredation of performance until the problem hits, at which
point the entire system becomes unresponsive.

Full dmesg output is in: http://axdf.net/~anmoore/dmesg.txt

I have no idea where to begin with this. I've searched on google many times,
but I can't seem to find anything i think is relevant. Does anyone have=20
any ideas?

Anthony
ajm@axdf.net
--=20