Subject: JRE and OpenOffice
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Al Urbaitis <avu@lanl.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/18/2006 09:45:09
Hello
I am having a bit of trouble getting OpenOffice to work.
When selecting a "wizard" under soffice (text composition)
I get ...

OpenOffice.org requires a java runtime environment (JRE) to
perform this task. Please install a JRE and restart
OpenOffice.org

Sooo...
I installed the Linux port of the Sun Java(tm) Runtime Environment (J2SE
5.0) and so it lives at /usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5

I used OpenOffice..Tools..Options..java selector to point to
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5 and got ...

The folder you selected does not contain a java runtime environment
please select a different folder.

I think that OpenOffice uses a utility called javaldx to perform
this operation. I think that it is trying to add the path of the java
libraries.

Sooo...
I tried running /usr/pkg/openoffice.org2.0/program/javaldx in the
directory /usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5

I got ...
/usr/pkg/openoffice.org2.0/program/javaldx: error while loading shared
libraries: libuno_sal.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

but libuno_sal.so.3 lives in /usr/pkg/openoffice.org2.0/program

Soooo....
I think I am in some sort of ldconfig hell but am unsure as to how
to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated

Al