Subject: Re: howto point sysinst to sets?
To: Jonathan A.Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Peter Salomon <peter.s.salomon@googlemail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/14/2006 23:27:04
Jonathan,

you are right, the cd drive was not detected. And i could not mount
it. But putting a pci nic into the machine was the solution.
I was able to get the sets via ftp.

Now the next problem begins:
after sysinst told me the sets have been extracted succesfully i am
not able to boot from the fresh installed disk.

It finds and executes ofwboot.xcf but there seem to be some trouble
with the kernel:

0 > boot -v
disk2:0 -
OF_open bootpath=/bandit/53c825@11/sd@2,0
read stage 2 blocks: 01234567. done!
starting stage 2...

 >> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.7
 >> (autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org, Tue Feb 10 23:44:14 UTC 2004)
/netbsd: Inappropriate file type or format
/netbsd.gz: Inappropriate file type or format
open /netbsd.macppc: Device not configured
Boot:

any idea?

and btw: wich is the most current devision of netbsd your ANS accepts?

Peter - thinking about other use of the ans... :)